Last Blog Post of EDU 337

 Reading strategies I am most likely to be using in my future:

There are so may reading strategies that can be used in the classroom. I found some from the powerpoint to be interesting, to start, one is that the classroom environment needs to be there and its so important to make sure your reading library is switched up a lot of the time. Students can for sure get bored of the same books all the time and plus, we need to switch up their learning skills every once in a while too. Another way I could use a reading strategy would be the big books-novels type of books. If I happen to be in a classroom that is upper elementary, I would want to have bigger books for all students incase they want to challenge themselves. I think challenging students in reading is a good way to see what sort of skills students have and how they can test their limits. Also on reading strategies- having students read with other students. I think if students were to get together and do popcorn reading with each other they could enjoy reading and get more information rather than just from their own reading. This could also help other students with their reading skills in general.  

Comments